Sunday, January 08, 2006




Not much has changed on the stripers. Very early in the mornings, be sure to check the back of the creeks. There are a few fish up shallow early that are being caught on 1/4oz bucktails tipped with white flukes. Personally, I have been starting later to avoid the cold. All of my fish are coming on the downline. The fish have gotten a little shallower. Most of my fish are coming 28 to 35 ft deep instead of 45 ft deep. Some of the smaller creeks are loaded with bass. Yesterday with kids in the boat we spent an hour catching "spot" after "spot" on downlined smalltrout 34 ft deep over a 35 ft bottom. A friend of mine in a bass boat was fishing the same area and did fairly well on plastics fishing vertically. Some of these spots are over four pds. I did not get a chance to try a spoon. Later we picked up a few stripers as well. There appears to be a good bite for the stripers around 2:00 for the stripers. Several times this week I have done the best from 2:00 to 3:00. Caught another striper yesterday that had a blunt head almost like a dolphin. This makes about five that I have caught this year. Just curious if anyone else noticed these oddity. Before this year I have never caught one that looked this way in Lanier or anywhere else for that matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home